Ben Towne Center
Every purchase supports groundbreaking pediatric cancer research.
In 2010, Ben Towne Foundation was started in Seattle Washington by Jeff and Carin Towne, with the mission to accelerate the pace of pediatric cancer research and change the way childhood cancers are treated and cured. In five short years, the Foundation has done just that. Partnering with Seattle Children's they established the Ben Towne Center for Childhood Cancer Research, three FDA clinical trials are open, and most importantly dozens of children are in remission! Callie's is proud to support this important work. Every time you purchase Callie's coffee and gifts, we give 10% of sales to the Ben Towne Center.
- Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease among U.S. children between infancy and age 15. (NCI)
- About 11,630 children in the United States under the age of 15 will be diagnosed with cancer in 2013. (ACS)
- Every day, 36 children are diagnosed with cancer. (COG)
- About 1,310 children are expected to die from cancer in 2013. (ACS)
- More than 40,000 children undergo treatment for cancer each year. (COG)
- Pediatric cancers receive less than 3% of the National Cancer Institute budget. (MCT)